I hate when I am naive….
Last night, around 10:30 eastern time, I decided I had enough of the election coverage. I figured states could lean, projections could & would be made but in the end whether or not I got some sleep had no bearing on the outcome of the election. I also thought that Wednesday would bring a new day free of political ads and drama…..
At my age, one should know better. This morning I was barraged by happy posts and posts of sobbing, calling for the rapture and everything in between…this morning I wanted to unfriend more people than I can even count.
I should have known better, when your candidate wins the world looks better, when your candidate loses the US is going to hell in a handbasket & our entire election process (electoral vs. popular votes) is antiquated & unfair.
Let’s try using our power for good today
I think you should:
- think about someone you love today
- think about all of the things you have to be grateful for
- smile at someone today
- think about the people still without power after Sandy
- think about the fact that most of those people are about to get sucker punched by another storm
- start writing that book you always wanted to write
- take a chance
- stop living in fear
- do something nice for someone
- thank a policeman, fireman, EMT, a service person or their family, a volunteer, a teacher
- believe that in the end whether you felt you were on the winning or losing side of the election, we are incredibly blessed to live in a country where you are allowed to share (spew) your believes all over other people via social media without fear